Title: Senior Project Manager
Department: Arbor Construction
FLSA Classification: Exempt
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Reports To: Vice President of Construction
Reporting to the Vice President of Construction, the Senior Project Manager manages, plans and coordinates activities of construction projects to ensure goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
– Prepares and negotiates budget and work timetables for one or more assigned area(s) of the project; collaborates with Pre-Construction Estimator to develop cost estimates.
– Selects appropriate construction methods and strategies to achieve cost, quality, regulatory, and contractual standards.
– Interprets and explains contracts and technical information to workers and other professionals.
– Reports work progress and budget matters to appropriate level of management.
– Leads progress status meetings with architects, engineers, and other construction and building specialists to deliver project goals.
– Instructs and supervises construction personnel / activities for assigned area of the project.
– Selects, hires and instructs laborers and subcontractors.
– Ensures compliance with all company and legal requirements, building and safety codes, and any other related regulations.
– Leads all Site Construction activities when Site Construction Manager is off-site.
– Other duties and projects as assigned.
Education & Experience:
– Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or equivalent.
– 10+ years project management, construction administration, and/or project delivery experience.
– Experience managing mid-rise and/or high-rise projects required.
– Able to follow Company safety protocols and safe work practices.
– Excellent oral and written communication skills to deliver information across all levels of the organization, some of which may be technical or sensitive in nature.
– Effective resource and project planning, decision making, results delivery, team building, and the ability to stay current with relevant technology and innovation.
– Demonstrated experience reviewing, analyzing, and making recommendations on policies and procedures.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
– Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Candidates for this position must be legally authorized to work directly as employees for any employer in the United States without visa sponsorship.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status and any other legally protected characteristic.